MOOG Programmable 400 Point Modular Parison Controllerparison controller for Extrusion Blow molding
- Analog functions with high resolution allow accurate control and positioning
- Modular design with capacity for up to 2,000 I/O means that the controllers can be optimally configured to suit applications of all sizes
- Real time Linux-based operating system combines true multitasking with fast response times as well as making it easy to add PC-like features
- Standardized development environment that incorporates debugging, simulation, parameterization and tracing capabilities makes programming and testing fast and straightforward
- Templates library for fast application software development
There are many methods for manufacturing plastic containers, such as extrusion blow molding, injection molding, rotary molding, compression molding, hot extrusion cold press molding.
Among the molding methods of many plastic containers, hollow blow molding and injection molding are the two most widely used molding methods.
According to the introduction of blow molding machines, 80% to 90% of the hollow containers in the world are formed by hollow blow molding.
Extrusion blow molding technology is to shape the plasticized parison against the inner wall of the mold by air pressure.
The parison is produced in an extrusion type, that is a plastic melt which is heated and plasticized is extruded from a core gap of various shapes to form a cylindrical parison of various shapes.
The extruded parison is vertically suspended by its own weight.
Hollow container products due to their strength requirements.
The minimum wall thickness is specified, and the early hollow blow molding equipment lacks the parison wall thickness control system.
In order to make the thinnest part of the product reach the minimum wall thickness requirement, the other parts of the product should be correspondingly thickened, resulting in waste of materials.
In order to save costs, shorten the cooling time of products, and speed up the production cycle of products, it is more economical to control the wall thickness of the parison.
For example, 50 liter mouth bucket, the net weight of the product produced by ordinary hollow blow molding machine is 3.5kg to reach the minimum wall thickness requirement, and the use of the parison controller, the net weight of the product 2.4kg can fully meet the minimum wall thickness requirement, saving raw materials 20 % to 30%, and the products produced are even and thin.
The parison controller interface as bellow:
parison controller for blow molding machine
Various parison controllers for blow molding